- 1/2 pound ground round steak
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup noodles
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch salt and pepper
- bread crumbs
- Brown meat and onions in a heavy pan.
- Add noodles and peas.
- Pour into greased casserole.
- Pour tomato juice over the top and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350, until top is browned.
To Butter the bread crumbs, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter in saucepan and toss in a cup of bread crumbs and stir to coat. I like to use flat noodles so I use about half a package. If using small elbows or shells, stick with the one cup measurement.